Four elements that make a good coffee are fresh coffee beans, ratio, grind, and water. Where the first two elements are in your control, the coffee maker takes care of the third and the most important element. One of the famous brands, Black and Decker, offers these elements in their inexpensive coffee makers.
The American Manufacturing Company Black+Decker has some excellent coffee makers. All their products are affordable and are easy to use. They are made with the best sought-after technology with the best features incorporated at reasonable prices. They have 33 different coffee makers in their collection starting from $20 only.
The brands ensure their customers the quality of all coffee makers with a 2-year warranty.
I have found different types of Black and Decker coffee makers that cater to different people’s needs. Refer to this table:
|Types of Black and Decker Coffee Maker||Key Features|
|12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker||– Made of dura life glass carafe|
– Quick Touch programming tests the coffee while brewing
– Comes with a filter basket that is removable
– Hot carafe plate keeps the coffee hot
– 2-year limited warranty.
|5-Cup Coffee Maker||– Lighted auto on/off switch|
– Sneak a cup feature
– No mess of dripping because of ergonomic carafe cord storage
– 2-year limited warranty
|5-Cup Compact Switch Coffee Maker||– Optimal brewing temperature|
– Compact design and Duralife carafe
– Comes with a one-piece cover and an easy-view water window
– Removable filter basket
– Comes with coffee and water carafe markings.
|12-Cup Switch Coffee Maker||– Comfort grip handle|
– Sneak a cup feature
– Duralife glass carafe
– Nonstick keep warm carafe plate
– Dishwasher safe
– Water level indicator
|4 in 1 5-Cup Coffee Station Coffee Maker||– Adjustable stand|
– Removable brew basket
– Comes with an Ergonomic 5- cup carafe
– Permanent grounds filter
– 2-year limited warranty
Keep reading to know more!
Best Black and Decker Coffee Maker
Best Overall-BLACK AND DECKER 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker
- Brand: BLACK+DECKER
- Manufacturer Part Number: CM2035B
- Lifestage: Adult
- Manufacturer: BLACK+DECKER
- Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 11.57 x 7.87 x 13.15 Inches
Black+Decker 12-Cup Thermal Coffee Maker is a budget model with an insulated thermal carafe and some other advanced features.
The Black & Decker drip coffee maker provided perfect heat for brewing. The pot measured 176 degrees Fahrenheit after the insulated metal carafe was set for 30 minutes to provide the right temperature for brewing.
The carafe features a well-designed pour spout intended to minimize or even eliminate drips.
- Insulated thermal carafe
- Brew strength selector
- Intuitive user interface
- Sneak-a-Cup feature
- Displays time elapsed since coffee brewed
- Flimsy plastic components
- Fixed water reservoir
- Long brew time
- Requires paper filters
For more insights on this coffee maker, have a look at this video review of Black and Decker 12 Cup Programmable Coffee Maker:
Best 5-cup Coffee Maker: BLACK AND DECKER CM0700B
- Brand: BLACK+DECKER
- Capacity: 5 Cups
- Human Interface Input: Touchscreen
- Item Weight: 1.79 Pounds
The CM0700B model features a permanent ground filter, which means there is no need for paper filters. The permanent filter goes well with your favorite coffee grounds, plus It’s easy to clean.
Space-saving compact design can hold a 5 oz cup depending on which coffee you are making. The small size is perfect for travel, RVs, apartment dorm rooms, and smaller coffee appetites.
This model includes many features such as a sneak-a-cup, on/off a light switch, removable filter, and glass carafe in just a $32.99 price tag.
- Simple and easy to use
- Quick and piping hot coffee using a paper filter
- Super easy to clean with reusable filter and removable basket
- Handy-dandy and Perfect for smile kitchen counter
- Machine gets defected after regular use if not cared for properly
- Poor quality due to plastic build
- It doesn’t have automatic shut off feature, so the outside of the actual pot gets hot
- The water reservoir is on the left side, which is more challenging for me to fill
Pros and cons of the Black and Decker Coffee Maker
The Black + Decker offers features that you need in standard drip coffee makers, but it also has its drawbacks.
Listed below are the main pros and cons of the Black And Decker coffee maker.
- It offers a 24-hour programmability to prepare the grounds and water at night before you want to brew coffee.
- Most models have auto-off feature that ensures the machine doesn’t stay on for hours and saves your electricity.
- You can make a little pot of coffee with the same taste using 1 to 4 cups feature of this machine.
- The best feature is a sneak a-cup that allows you to pause the brewing process by picking the carafe up. This coffee maker is a handy option for those who have to run in the morning and won’t have time to wait until the brew cycle gets complete.
- With Black and Decker, you get complete control over coffee strength. You can make bold, firm, or regular coffee using the brew strength selector.
- The water evenly saturates grounds with a showerhead-style water dispensing system to ensure you get well-balanced favor in every pot.
- Black and Decker’s coffee machine doesn’t have a permanent filter. As a result, costs increase for disposable basket and fitters over time and make unnecessary waste.
- In some model, the water reservoir is not removable, which causes a lot of hassle to fill.
- Plastic construction is another downside of the Black and Decker coffee maker. The lightweight plastic body gives a flimsy feel.
- It takes a long time, around 10 minutes, to brew coffee.
If you’re interested in looking into a different brand of coffee makers, you can take a look at my other article.
Black And Decker Coffee Maker Troubleshooting
The issues of the Black and Decker Coffee Maker might get you tempted to get a new coffee machine but before you do that, follow a simple practice and guideline, then you can maintain and solve many troubleshoot problems of your Black and Decker coffee maker.
Let’s look into the most common issues:
When the machine stops brewing coffee
When the machine is on but doesn’t brew coffee, then check the on/off button and power source. If everything is in place, then look at the heating element at the bottom of your coffee machine. See if it’s working or not. Because when you turn the device on for too long, or water overflows from the reservoir, the heating element gets short-circuited.
First, unplug your machine, remove the base, and check the heating element with a multimeter to solve this issue. If the multimeter indicates a fault in the heating element, change the part. Now reconnect and try again.
When the coffee makers start leaking
If you overfill the water reservoir more than its maximum capacity, it starts leaking. To avoid this issue, keep the water below the line. The improper placement of the carafe can also cause this issue. So make sure that the carafe is in its correct position.
When clean light in coffee maker stays on
The most common problem among coffee makers is light blinking even after turning off the machine. This indicates that the coffee machine is overheated and needs a resting or resetting.
To solve this issue, reset the machine by unplugging and plugging again.
Black and Decker coffee makers are good picks as they offer the best feature at affordable prices.
It is the ideal model for office and homes because of its small size which is great for people with limited counter space.
However, if you need a quick brew all the time, then you can skip to some other models or brands as this one takes its time to brew. Also, if you get put off by the lightweight plastic components, you shouldn’t buy them.
Lastly, those who want to minimize waste should not buy it either due to the lack of a permanent filter. However, you can opt for biodegradable and compostable filters to avoid waste. Other than that, Black and Decker’s coffee makers feature impressive specs for an affordable price.